Search This Blog

Tuesday, 15 March 2016

Clubbercise - My review!


You may or may not have heard of a new exercise class that is becoming more and more popular, its called Clubbercise and last night I tried it for the first time.

First of all I will tell you that I don't do a massive amount of exercise, I try to go on the exercise bike at home, once or twice a week for half hour but that is about it. I have tried several exercise classes before, zumba, body pump and boxercise but after a few weeks the novelty wears off and I get bored or I am just to lazy to go. So when Js sister asked me if I would like to go along with her I was a bit unsure at first but now I am so glad I did.

The class I went to cost £4 which is not bad for an hours exercise, when you arrive you pay your money and then you are given a set of  battery operated glow sticks! (awesome right?!) You then go in to the room and find a space around room,  the instructor stands right in the center of the room so that everyone can see her.

Once everyone has arrived the lights go off and colorful strobe lights flash around the room, so its kind of like being in a nightclub!

The music is dance music from the 90's until present today, which plays constantly for the hour, you can stop to have water any time you want, but there isn't any official breaks.

The instructor does basic dance/exercise moves to the music, which everyone follows.

The hour session went so fast, and it felt like I was on a night out dancing, it was so much fun! But it was tiring and I was sweating afterwards and felt tired, so although it was fun it is definitely a work out!

All in all I really enjoyed myself and I am looking forward to going again next week! If gyms bore you then I would definitely look to see if there is a Clubbercise class near you!


No comments:

Post a Comment