Search This Blog

Wednesday, 9 March 2016

Making friends!


Growing up I was a tomboy, I preferred to wear tracksuit bottoms and trainers, climb trees and play football. So it's probably not surprising that I seemed to hang round with boys more than I did girls. In primary school I had my best friend who was girl but at break times I used to be playing football or tracking with the lads! As I got older the pattern of having more boys as friends than girls continued and still is the case today.

I am not sure why but I find it easier to talk to and hang round with guys, and find it quite hard to make friends with girls. I've had lots of friendships with girls throughout the years but most of them have seemed to fizzle out and although I have them as 'facebook friends' I cant really class them as friends anymore. Time and time again I have wondered if its me, am I the type of girl other girls don't like and if so, why?

I am definitely not a tomboy anymore, I love make up and clothes and all things beauty, yet still the majority of my friends are male! Don't get me wrong I love these friends and wouldn't change having them in my life but sometimes when I see people having 'girls night outs' and sleepovers with their girl friends I have a slight pang of jealousy. Yet I know my male friends look after me and i'm like a little sister to them. Maybe some people would be jealous of that?

Are you the same as me and have always made more male friends than female? or do you have none or few male friends and wouldn't want them lol? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment