Search This Blog

Wednesday, 29 June 2016

Book Club - My Review - All The Bright Places - Jennifer Niven


As you may know from previous posts I love to read. It is possibly my favorite thing ever, equal with shopping and cheese on toast! Most of the time on average I read a book a week (if I am not busy or away somewhere!). So I have decided that once a week I will write a blog post as a review on the book I have read that week. I personally love to read book reviews online, so I am hoping some of you do to. Hopefully you enjoy this new weekly post and if there are any books you would like me to read and review let me know in the comments!

1


This weeks book - All The Bright Places
Author - Jennifer Niven
My Score out of 10 - 8/10
Blurb - Theodore Finch wants to take his own life. Violet Markey is devastated by her sisters death. They meet on the ledge of the school bell tower, and so their story begins. It's only together they can be themselves ... But as Violet's world grows, Finch's begins to shrink. How far will Violet go to save the boy she has come to love?

I decided to read this book because I had seen a lot of people talking about it online, thanks to Zoella's W.H Smith Book Club. Even though I am 25 I love to read books of the Young Adult genre so when I saw everyone saying how good this book was I just had to get it, and I am so glad I did!
I read this book in just 3 days as I  couldn't put it down, and when I had to put it down I just couldn't stop thinking about it.
This book is so beautifully written, I absolutely loved the 2 main characters in the book Violet and Finch and think Jennifer Niven did an amazing job of writing so that you really feel like you are in the mind of the 2 characters. The story was gripping and I couldn't wait to see what happened next, it definitely wasn't predictable.
The book is a roller coaster of emotions and addresses mental health, tragedy and love all at once. I feel like the book could relate to a lot of people, and it addresses mental illness in such a way that you begin to understand some of the emotions that people with mental illnesses go through. The story has really touched me and i'm sure I will carry it with me. It is an emotional book and I ended up crying a fair bit whilst reading it, so if you don't like tear jerkers then it is probably not for you, otherwise I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

I haven't gone in to to much details about the story itself as I don't want to give anything away, but if you have read this book or are planning to, let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment