Search This Blog

Thursday, 28 July 2016

Book Club - My Review - Girl Online - Zoe Sugg



1

This weeks book - Girl Online
Author - Zoe Sugg aka Zoella
My Score out of 10 - 7/10
Blurb - Under the alias Girl Online, Penny blogs her hidden feelings about friendship, boys, her crazy family and the panic attacks that have begun to take over her life. When things go from bad to worse, her family whisks her away to New York, where she meets Noah: a gorgeous, guitar-strumming American. Suddenly Penny is falling in love - and capturing every moment of it on her blog.
But Noah has a secret too. One that threatens to ruin Penny's cover - and her closest friendship - forever.

At the age of 25 I wouldn't say I was the target audience for this book, I think it is aimed at people a lot younger than me, so I was a bit skeptical reading this at first, thinking I wouldn't enjoy it but I was wrong. Yes the story is very predictable and fairly unrealistic but I liked that. It was nice to read something that was easy going, fun and innocent for a change. I am still like a child at heart, and reading this book whisked me back to my teenage years when I used to read stories like this and dream of being in love. I think for teenagers this book is great, it is full of love, drama and general life and problems of a teenager. If you are a critical book reader who only likes books with a plot you don't expect then it's probably not for you. Though you may be like me and just enjoy reading something that is just for fun, I felt the emotions Penny feels in this book and remembered how tough teenage years can be! Overall I really enjoyed this book and think I might read the second one at some point, because even at the age of 25, I still want to know what happens with Penny!

2 comments:

  1. I've heard such great reviews on this book, I will have to give it a read. Thanks for sharing!

    xxxx from Emily // www.diamondsanddachshunds.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed it, deffo worth the read! x

    ReplyDelete