Search This Blog

Thursday, 14 July 2016

Book Club - My Review - You and Me Always - Jill Mansell



1



This weeks book - You and Me Always 
Author - Jill Mansell
My Score out of 10 - 6/10
Blurb - On the morning of Lily's twenty-fifth birthday, it's time to open the very last letter written to her by her beloved mother, who died when she was eight.
Learning more about the first and only real love of her mum's life is a revelation. On the same day, Lily also meets Eddie Tessler, a man fleeing fame who just might have the ability to change her world in unimaginable ways. But her childhood friend Dan has his own reasons for not wanting Lily to get too carried away by Eddie's attentions.
Before long, secrets begin to emerge and Lily's friends and family become involved. In the beautiful Cotswold village of Stanton Langley, nothing will ever be the same again...


Another week, another book read, I seriously wish I could just make a living from reading all day, that would be the best job ever! I picked up this book whilst shopping in Tesco, I love a chick flick as you have probably guessed and the cover looked all pretty and girlie so I was drawn to it like a magpie!

I really enjoyed reading this book, it was easy to read, a lovely story and I just loved the main character Lilly just as much as she is loved in the book. The book contains love, loss, hope and friendships. I liked the way the book shows how relationships can be caused by certain events or coincidence but end up being the most meaningful relationships to you. It also shows how love isn't always simple and can be complicated. The characters are all easy to relate to and you soon feel like you know them well.
I loved Jill Mansells writing style and will definitely read some more of her work in the future.
I gave it a 6/10 because although it is a very pleasant read, it is quite predictable and the story is one of a typical romantic novel.

4 comments:

  1. I would SO love to sit around and read books all day. Surely that's a proofreader though, right? And I know you can be one of those! Can we both be one!?

    Katie xx ¦ La Coco Noire

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is literately my dream job! As long as it involves lots of coffee and cakes! X

      Delete
  2. I have a friend that records books! You sure can make some money out of it (if you read out loud that is!!)
    Interesting plot! I read waayy too much myself!!
    Dora www.BangsBang.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will look in to it I would love to make money from Reading! There is never such thing as too much! X

      Delete